Out of all the rooms in your house, you’re most likely to spend the most time in your living room. It’s also the room you’re going to be entertaining guests in. It makes sense, then, that you want this room to be one of the most beautiful, relaxing rooms in your home.
Here’s how you can achieve an impressive, stylish living room.
- Pay attention to the floor. The floor of your living room will really set the scene. If you can’t afford to update your flooring, try adding a beautiful rug.
- Choose a color scheme. Choose a color scheme that reflects your personality and style, while also matching the furniture you may already have and the color of the floor.
- Choose the right furniture. This means choosing furniture that is not only right for the look and feel of your home, but furniture that works together well. That’s not to say you have to choose things that match – sometimes it’s better to go for complementary furniture rather than buying everything from the same line. Also make sure that your furniture is the right size for the space. Don’t go buying a giant couch that will take up most of the room, for example.
- Carefully select your lighting. Lighting can make or break a room. If you can afford to, why not hang some stylish pendant lights? Alternatively, you could choose a beautiful floor lamp or table lamps if you have side tables.
- Accessorize. This is the fun part. Choose accents that will really bring your room to life. Beautiful cushions. A throw rug. Stunning pieces of art. But be careful not to overcrowd your space and make it look messy and cluttered. If in doubt, pare back. Sometimes less is more.